For $9.99: Download a PDF of our 2014 edition of the book, Legacy of the Oak Creek Watershed. It is full of information relevant to both the enjoyment and the preservation of the Watershed.
OCWC on Facebook
Oak Creek Watershed Council
December 01 2018
A HUGE thank you to all who supported us this #GivingTuesday! Through the many different platforms we used to fundraise, we exceeded our goal of raising $1,000! Stay tuned for what OCWC will be up to in 2019. Because of you, we can do even more work towards protecting our watershed. Thank you so much for being an environmental steward and for believing in our cause 😊
Today's the day! Oak Creek is part of the 5% of waterways that remain in the arid Southwest. The other 95% of riparian environments have disappeared, largely due to human-caused impacts. This creek is a major source for the Verde and the Salt River, and millions of people depend on these Arizona waterways for drinking and agricultural use. Want to ensure we have clean water for our food, for ourselves, for scenic beauty, and wildlife in the future? Support our efforts to ensure this water source meets water quality standards and remains pristine well into the future. ANY amount goes so far. Thank you! 💚 #givingtuesday #makeadifference #supportournaturalresources #cleanwaterstartswithme
The recent contamination of lettuce caused by E. coli presence was traced back to Yuma, AZ causing many consumers to become dangerously ill. Oak Creek flows into the Verde and then into the Salt River, eventually making its way to Yuma, AZ. Yuma is known for being a huge provider for agriculture. This unfortunate E. coli exposure only illustrates how important water quality efforts are, and how dangerous E. coli can be. Did you know Oak Creek is listed as "impaired" due to E. coli presence? We work hard to educate creek goers and surrounding Sedona residents about the many ways they can cause E. coli introduction in surrounding waterways.